Deciding to start a caravan park business is an endeavour that requires the use of several construction services. Some of these services deal with plumbing, electrical work, and clearing the land for the different caravan spots. Of all of the contractor services you need, one of them is vital at the beginning of the planning. You will need a land survey contractor to help with the proper land divisions for each lot and for the entire property. Here is what you need to know about this process.

Dividing Lots

The first thing you will need to know is how you want the lots divided. This means you need to consider what each lot will include. For example, you may want to run a luxury caravan park. This means offering power poles for your campers. You will need to ask yourself if you want to have a small electrical poll or outlet at each lot or if you want to set up the power source for several lots that share. You also need to decide if the sites will include a fire pit. Keep in mind, this choice may mean having bigger lots to accommodate the space you must have between each fire pit for safety. 

Civil Works Planning

There are certain aspects of the caravan park that fall under the civil works section of construction. These include where to place plumbing, power lines and poles, as well as irrigation lines. When a survey contractor comes to the site, they can help mark this. When it comes to the division of the land, you may find that due to the placement of the civil works portions, you will need to consider full land division to remove your own residence and other nearby buildings that you own from the caravan site itself.

Land Division for Taxes

If you live near or on the site you are planning to use for your caravan site, you may find you need the land survey done for tax purposes. This specific issue may require land division in order to separate land taxes. For example, you may have long-term caravan park residents that pay ongoing lot rent. This lot rent goes to the land taxes in most cases. However, if you also own the property for your private residence you may find it will now be taxed under business land taxes and not residential. For this reason, you need land division surveys performed. 

These are just a few of the key points to know about land divisions and your caravan park. If you are ready to begin the layout and planning for the business, contact your local land survey service provider. They will schedule a contractor to come to the site and begin the surveys. They will also give you the proper surveys to file for any licensing or approvals you will need to construct and start the business.